This new underground station is part of the MTA’s Second Avenue Subway Program, the first major expansion of New York City’s subway system in more than 50 years.
Major work activities for the project include:
- Structural concrete work at the station platform and mezzanine level, including concrete slabs and precast wall sections
- Installation of a ventilation system including fan and chiller plants within the station and its ancillary structures
- Extensive electrical and lighting work throughout the station and the various entrances
- Construction of station finishes including miscellaneous metals, ornamental metals, wall panels, granite and porcelain tile, sunscreens, louvers, and external cladding
- Work to interface with the communications signals contract and the station excavation contract
Judlau is required to maintain the station until the start of operation of work. Judlau has subcontracted across multiple trades, requiring the explicit focus of the project team on coordination of trades.